4.26.2013

the Each Week, One Beast project: week 17


Snowy owl flies north. I've never seen one, but it sounds like they're more common in Vermont, so maybe I will one day. When we first began searching for a place to move, we considered many places across the country... It took a while before we were willing to entertain a spot farther north, with a colder climate, a lower hardiness zone, and fewer exciting things in the bulb catalogs to plant. Now, with northern Vermont in our future, I'm looking forward to other species - plants and animals both - that thrive only where the freeze goes deeper. So, there will be no Anemone coronaria for me - but perhaps a snowy owl!

8 comments:

Lorraine LeBer Rocha said...

Beautiful drawing!

Aloquin said...

Wow, I love the fluidity in which the owl seems to be flying... you've created that spot-on. And the lack of bright colors adds depth and character... especially on the owl's expression. Great job! So glad I found your work... I'm following your blog now! :)

Rodrica said...

Love the snowy owl. It soars!

I see swaths of bloodroot in your future...with owls overhead.

cadyn speziale said...

"... where the freeze goes deep." Love it.

Zoe Tilley Poster said...

thank you all for the kind words... hope something beautiful soars past you today:)

Mary Lou Rosato-Caine said...

How beautiful your style is. Very soft, very sweet. I enjoyed looking at some of the others on your project list.

Tony LaRocca said...

Beautiful work, but your owl seems quite annoyed that I'm staring at him!

WoolPets said...

So beautiful and expressive.