7.14.2010

A real stinker of a day

Would you think, after finding a dead skunk sprawled out under your hedgerow in the am, that your day could get any stinkier? Well folks, it can, and it did.

Whilst wrastling a diseased crabapple out of the bed of my pickup truck, which is a messy tumble of plastic pots and all my handtools strung together in some sort of horrendous garden-twine-charm-bracelet, I hooked my shirtsleeve under the Liquid Fence trigger and squirted myself in the shoulder. For those unfamiliar with anti-deer spray, it contains putrescent egg solids, among other lovelies. And it's designed to stick reeeeal good.

Next, a sack of potatoes - also putrescent - was discovered in the pantry during dinner prep. This managed to overpower the smell of my fantastic herby-garlicky tomato sauce simmering on the stove.

And finally, on a late garden tour after waving goodbye to the dinner guests from the front walk, I stepped smack dab in the middle of a molten dog poop IN MY BARE FEET.

Blech.

And so, I shall leave you with this thought (which has nothing to do with this particular stinking day):

White admiral butterfly on coyote scat

6 comments:

Kyna said...

Only thing worse than dog poop is MOLTEN dog poop. You should invest in a biohazard suit. O_O

Anonymous said...

Or at least wear your shoes.

Dad

Rodrica Tilley said...

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahah!

Immortal Mountain said...

I didn't know it was physically possible for all of those things to happen to one person in their life, let alone in one day!

debsgarden said...

That day really stunk! Besides a gardener, I'm also a nurse, and I work with premature babies. One day I was changing a tiny diaper when my cute patient suddenly had a massive bowel movement, which landed in my bare hand! I try to always wear gloves since then!

The Idiot said...

Now, that sounds like an average day at Idiot Towers! Obviously, we don't have skunks, nor do we need to control deer (as the only deer around here are in my freezer).

Still, you could argue that it's lucky; lucky it didn't happen to me!

I would say things can only get better, but we know that's bullshit!